It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Control Switcher not working with BOSS GT-PRO
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:41 pm 

I have just bought a Voodoo Lab Control Switcher. I have set it up according to the manual.

I did this already.
Setting MIDI Messages:
1. Hold Down Button 1 then power up the Control Switcher.
2. The button LEDs will all flash repeatedly.
3. Release Button 1.
4. Press button 1 to turn on Program Change. (LED On = Program Change Enabled)
5. (If you actually will be using Control Changes, otherwise skip this step) Press button 2 to turn on Control Change. (LED On = Control Change Enabled)
6. Power down the Control Switcher.

The control switch selects the amp channels on my Mesa Dual Rectifier Roadster when I manually hit each button 1-4. If I try to save my setting and hold down 1 and 4 it does not blink at all, and it does not save. I have tried resetting and reran through the steps.

I am definitely a newbie at this and I am having troubles figuring it out. Previously I had a dual rectifier 100w head and I just used the amp control on my GT-Pro unit. I have no clue now how to make my new setup work. I know the GT-Pro is old now but I would love to continue using it with the Voodoo Lab Control Switcher and my Mesa Dual Rectifier Roadster.

Any help would be so appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Control Switcher not working with BOSS GT-PRO
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:13 pm 

If you press buttons on the Control Switcher to set the amp some way, say to turn on Roadster Channel 2, then press a preset button on your GT-Pro, does the Control switcher do anything or does it stay set with the the Amp on Channel 2?

Also, there are two versions of the Control Switcher and they have different setup steps... so, does your Control Switcher have the Red light up buttons or does it have Black buttons next to red LEDs?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:03 pm 

Thanks for the reply! If I set the channel on my amp using the control switcher to amp channel 2 like you mentioned, and then I switch channels, it just stays on channel 2 on my amp/control switcher like nothing happened.

My control switcher has red buttons on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:50 pm 

So it looks like the main part of your problem is that the GT-Pro is not sending Program Change messages or it is sending them on a different MIDI Channel. Do know if the GT-Pro is set to send MIDI Program Changes and if so, what MIDI Channel it is sending them on?