It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PX-8 Plus
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:33 am 

Forgive me if this has been asked, but is it possible to connect a stereo delay (DD-500) into the PX-8 Plus, and program into a preset? I'm using mono pedals in front of it, stereoizing the signal with the dd-500, and going out into my audio interface > DAW tracks 1 & 2, etc.

Post subject: Re: PX-8 Plus
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:16 am 

You could use the Insert on the PX-8 Plus to accomplish this, but when bypassed the signal will go back to mono. The "A" side of the DD-500 would go to PX-8 Plus Loop 6 with the Insert Send feeding "Track 1". The "B" side of the DD-500 would go to PX-8 Plus Loop 7 (or 8) with the Output feeding "Track 2". When both loops are On you will hear have a Stereo signal across both tracks. When the Loops are Off you will have signal only to "Track 1".
Alternatively, you could simply run the DD-500 after the PX-8 Plus and use the presets to control what the the DD-500 is doing via MIDI. "Bypassing" the DD-500 would be accomplished by recalling a stored patch that has zero delay time and/or no repeats.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:38 pm 

Awesome, thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:28 am 

Hi John, I opted to place the DD-500 after the PX-8 plus, (along with a couple other stereo pedals) however, using MIDI out to DD-500 MIDI in it matches preset 1 and 2 to dd-500's 01A and 01B, but switching to the PX-8 plus preset 3 doesn't change the dd-500 to 02A. Is there something I need to set somewhere, perhaps the tap switch is interfering with the preset? Thanks for any help.

EDIT - It appears I need to set the DD-500 FSW Mode to A/B/C Mode rather than the Normal A/B/Tap-Ctrl mode. Was hoping the tap/ctrl could still be used, if you may know of a different way please let me know? Thanks.