It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pedalboard questions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:51 pm 

First of all, I've got a Moog MF-101 Low Pass Filter that is making a lot of noise. It sounds more like hiss than a ground loop, and it's audible whether the pedal is on or off, and whether it's connected to the rest of my pedal board or used by itself. I'm not using an effects loop and I have been using the power supply that came with the pedal. Since there is no way to power the pedal with a battery, I am having trouble tracking down the source of the noise. I guess I'm wondering if a Voodoo Labs unit will take care of the noise. The rest of my board is pretty quiet when I remove this pedal.

My other question is can I use something like the Mondo to power my board?

Boss TU-2 Tuner
Empress Compressor
Markbass Super Synth
Soundblox Pro Multiwave Bass Distortion
Soundblox Pro Bass Envelope Filter
Moog MF-101 Low Pass Filter
Moog MF-102 Ring Modulator
Moog MF-103 12-Stage Phaser
Boss BF-2 Flanger
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay

I also plan on getting a Boss OC-2 Octaver and a Smallsound/Bigsound Team Awesome Fuzz Machine.

I've been using two cheap power strips (one plugged into the other) mounted underneath a Pedaltrain Pro, the power supplies that came with the Moog pedals and the Super Synth, and a OneSpot (daisy chain) for the rest.

Also, can you use something like the OneSpot or Boss daisy chains with the Voodoo Labs power supplies?

Thanks,
Dan

Post subject: Re: Pedalboard questions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:05 pm 

The noise you have currently might be from the power supplies being too close to the pedals... if you can, test this by unmounting the two power strips and moving them away from the board.

If you wanted to switch up to a Pedal Power unit I would suggest the Mondo to keep everything isolated.

The MarkBass Super Synth will need to use one of the included standard all black barrel cables and a Current Doubler Adapter (the one with the Green end) connected to both High Current 12V outputs to the Left.

The two Source Audio pedals and the MF-103 can each be powered from outputs 5 or 6 to the right with the corresponding DIP switches set to Normal or either of the single High Current 9V outputs to the left.

The TU-2, BF-2, DD-3 Empress Compressor, MF-101, and MF-102 can each be powered from any of the remaining outputs to the right with the corresponding DIP switches set to Normal.

All three of your Moogerfoogers will need a Reverse Polarity Barrel Cable. Everything else should be fine with the included cables.

You can use daisy chain cables with these supplies but you have to mind that the combined current draw of each pedal on the chain must not exceed the rated current max of the output used and you may have to experiment with the combinations of pedals that will work well together.