It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GCP with Kemper expression pedal latency issue
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:08 am 

Hi, have a Moog expression pedal. When I first got it I hooked it up directly to the Kemper, calibrated it and configured it. It worked as it should. I then connected it to my GCP, configured it for the correct CC# and tried it. I had a bad latency issue - almost like it was in slow motion. It was noticeable with the wah, but it was unusable when using a whammy-type effect. I'm hoping someone else had this issue and figured it out.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: GCP with Kemper expression pedal latency issue
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:04 pm 

The Ground Control Pro sends the MIDI data as soon as the pedal position moves, so unfortunately I would have to say that is something in the Kemper that is causing it to respond slowly. Does the Kemper load presets quickly from the Ground Control Pro or is this too suffering from a delay? Do you have AutoLoad active in the Kemper?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:05 pm 

Thank you for your reply. Patch and stomp commands are virtually instantaneous I have it configured 4/8. I will have to check if autoload is enabled. FWIW, I have both devices set for omni, should I set them to a specific channel? I'm one notch above a dope when it comes to MIDI functionality.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:37 pm 

If the presets are loading without delay then I doubt you will need to mess with the AutoLoad setting. Also, I'm not too sure the MIDI Channel settings are the culprit... but what is the other device you are referring to? Are you controlling something other than the Kemper via MIDI? What is your MIDI cable routing... if you connect the Ground Control Pro MIDI Out directly to the Kemper MIDI In, with no other MIDI connections made do you still get the same problem?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:20 pm 

The GCP out plugged directly into the Kemper in. Nothing other than the Kemper is being controlled. I have tried multiple trs and midi cables.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:20 pm 

If you go into any Ground Control Pro preset that is using the expression pedal, you can look at the numbers change on the Ground Control Pro screen as you move the pedal. This should show that the Ground Contro Pro is responding to your expression pedal in real time... and you'll just have to trust me that it also means the Ground Contro Pro is sending the MIDI data at the same time ;) (actually you can test this too if you have a MIDI interface connected to a computer running a MIDI program like SendSX or MIDI Ox.)
I am quite certain that it has more to do with something in the Kemper that needs attention, although I have no idea where to start there :(
I found this on the Kemper forum... https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index ... tion-time/
It sounds like the same issue, except this poster is even using the Kemper Remote. Unfortunately nothing seems to be resolved there either.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:12 am 

I did verify that the numbers were changing as I move the pedal. I did see that on the Kemper forum, figured I'd check here as well in case someone figured it out since quite a few Kemper owners use the GCP. Thank you for your help!