Power Options for Ground Control Pro...

Exchange tips and tricks to help you design the ultimate pedalboard.
RicemanQC

Power Options for Ground Control Pro...

Post by RicemanQC » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:51 am

Hello to all!

I have a GCP on a board that has a Pedal Power 2 Plus. I have two GCX's and one powers my GCP as of now with a 5 pin midi cable. I need to replace the wire and the one I have is 5 pins but only 3 conductor. I also have a 4x4 and ISO5 in my rack that powers different pedals and can't swap it to the front. I only use three outputs on the pedal power 2 on the board. I was wondering, can I use the current double adapter on output 5 & 6 (high current mode) with a 2.1 to 2.5 (red tip) to power my GCP??

Sorry if this has been answered before but I did not find this exact question regarding PPP2.

Many thanks!

Shawn

JohnClark

Re: Power Options for Ground Control Pro...

Post by JohnClark » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:36 am

No problem! Just make sure to leave to DIP switches for 5 and 6 set to Normal. You will also need to make sure to power up the GCX units before powering up the Ground Control Pro.

...or get a new MIDI cable with all 5 pins wired ;)

Good Luck!

RicemanQC

Post by RicemanQC » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:05 am

JohnClark wrote:No problem! Just make sure to leave to DIP switches for 5 and 6 set to Normal. You will also need to make sure to power up the GCX units before powering up the Ground Control Pro.

...or get a new MIDI cable with all 5 pins wired ;)

Good Luck!
Do I absolutely need to use the Current Doubler Adapter cable? Or just the 2.1mm to 2.5mm in the 5 0r 6 output would work?

Thanks John!!

Shawn

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:31 am

You need the Current Doubler connected to both outputs. 250mA is definitely not enough current to reliably power a Ground Control Pro.

I hope that helps!

RicemanQC

Post by RicemanQC » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:25 pm

JohnClark wrote:You need the Current Doubler connected to both outputs. 250mA is definitely not enough current to reliably power a Ground Control Pro.

I hope that helps!
Got it!

Thanks!

Shawn