EFX loop and voodoo lab pedals

Exchange tips and tricks to help you design the ultimate pedalboard.
dan_tramble

EFX loop and voodoo lab pedals

Post by dan_tramble » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:46 pm

Question.

I use Micro Vibe,Tremolo,Analog Chorus and Proctavia pedals. I really love Voodoo Lab pedals, I am really impressed.

Is it advisable to run the Tremolo,AC and Micro Vibe in the loop???

Thanks for any input

nyteowl

Re: EFX loop and voodoo lab pedals

Post by nyteowl » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:38 am

The general rule of thumb is to run effects such as Overdrive, Distortion, Fuzz, and Wah pedals, etc in front of one's amp and all time-based modulation-type effects (Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, Vibe, Delay, etc) in an amp's FX Loop.

However, there is no right or wrong when it comes to pedal order and location. One should always experiment and go with whatever sounds best to one's own ears.
I am not affiliated with Voodoo Lab in any way, but enjoy sharing what little MIDI and signal routing knowledge I have. If you find my assistance helpful, please pay it forward.

dan_tramble

Re: EFX loop and voodoo lab pedals

Post by dan_tramble » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:35 am

Hey,

Yes I am going to mess with it, I have the delay, Whammy 4, VL tremolo 2 ,and analog chorus in the loop right now.

I tried the Micro Vibe in the loop last night and you get a swirling bassy tone with gain from the amp in the loop. I'm going to try it before the amp.

I decided to run korg pitchblack-wah wah-sparkle drive-proctavia then microvibe from guitar to amp.

I feel the delay-whammy-tremolo and analog chorus sound better in the loop.

Thanks for your help.