Pedal POwer 2 PLUS Expander?

Exchange tips and tricks to help you design the ultimate pedalboard.
BigDH

Pedal POwer 2 PLUS Expander?

Post by BigDH » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:46 pm

Hi all - new here but have had the '2 PLUS' on my bass board for years.

I'm adding a 9th pedal to the board and need another power outlet - is there an expander option for the 2 PLUS?

Cheers

Rez

Re: Pedal POwer 2 PLUS Expander?

Post by Rez » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:33 pm

If you run-out of available 9V power supply outputs, and need to power an additional 9V pedal, perhaps consider using the: Output Splitter Adapter, part# PPAV

The Output Splitter Adapter connects with an individual Pedal Power DC output jack, converting it into 2 output jacks (each with the same voltage as the output to which the splitter itself is connected). Two effect pedals can then be attached (using two cables) to the output splitter adapter and powered from this single Pedal Power DC output.

And, with a 9th output created, you may also need a 9th 2.1mm Standard Polarity Barrel Cable, part# PPBAR, PPBAR-R and PPBAR-RS (if you've used all that were included with your power supply).

Also note... you could use Pedal Power X4 (it would need to power from the Pedal Power 2 Plus (rear panel) AC courtesy outlet. But, unless you plan to add 3 or 4 more 9V pedals, simply using an output splitter adapter is likely a more feasible solution.

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support

muldaur67

Post by muldaur67 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:48 pm

I bought three Output Splitter Adapters, part# PPAV, and three 2.1mm Standard Polarity Barrel Cables, part# PPBAR-RS. But when I plug them in, the Ground Lifted side of the Output Splitter Adapters (white stripe) do not work. I tested all three multiple times. Any help would be appreciated!

pinovoodoo

Post by pinovoodoo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:32 pm

Hi,
To power both pedals they must be adjacent over the signal routing (i.e pedals number 1 & 2 or pedals number 5 & 6) otherwise the PPAV cable will power only one of them. Hope this will help..
Now I go to my problem.. I also have a ninth pedal which I would be glad to power with the PPAV cable.. the issue is that the pedals are all connected to a looper switcher (Musicomlab EFX ME), so yes they are in chain... but I'm not sure the PPAV will effectively power both considering there's the switcher in the middle... I think it should work if I try to power pedals 1 and 2 (Xotic SP and Ibanez TS808)... but I'm not 100% sure... Hope someone may help me!
Thanks!!!!