Power supply advice

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
powyscardiff

Power supply advice

Post by powyscardiff » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:11 am

Hey,

I'm looking to power the following... I'm guessing from the previous threads I've just read on this forum that a 4 x 4 would be best for these?

Any help would be appreciated about exactly what I need to buy! Many thanks!

Boss VE-20 Vocal processor: 9v

Roland SP 404: 9v 300mA

Electro Harmonix HOG: 9v DC 100mA

Boss DD7: 9v

Boss tuner: 9v

Electro Harmonix Worm: 24v DC, 100ma, pos center pin

Rez

Re: Power supply advice

Post by Rez » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:32 am

Pedal Power 4 x 4 can be used to power them all. Here are the details, including, links to additional items which are required (but are not in included with the stock Pedal Power cables):

These pedals will use the high current capacity outputs, as follows:

To power the Worm (at 24VDC) use the two 12VDC high current capacity outputs with a Voltage Doubler Cable (reverse polarity, 2.5/2.1mm), part# PPEH24.

To power the Roland SP 404 use a 9VDC high current capacity (400mA) output with one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied.

To power the Electro Harmonix HOG: 9v DC 250mA, 2.5mm center positive use a 9VDC high current capacity (400mA) output with the supplied red/black ended cable (it's 2.1mm/2.5mm reverse polarity and the red end fits the effect pedal).

And, these pedals will use the standard current capacity outputs, as follows:

To power the Boss VE-20 use a Current Doubler Adapter, part# PPAP in two 9VDC outputs with one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied.

To power the Boss DD7 use any 9VDC output with one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied.

To power the Boss tuner use any 9VDC output with one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied.

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support