Which power supply?

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
scottman72

Which power supply?

Post by scottman72 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:19 pm

Hello all looking for some advice here.....tried the tech line but they don't return my calls.

Trying to figure out the correct power supply to add to my Peadaltrain-1 board.....
I have 3 items currently on my board;
1. TC Helicon Voicelive play GTX 12volts 400mA
2. Zoom B3 9volts 500mA
3. Line 6 Relay G50 wireless 9volts 300mA

I have read that the Pedal Power 2 fits under the Pedaltrain-1 board with mounting brackets (which I have),
but I want to make 100% sure that it would be the correct power supply for the items I'm using.

Would love to keep the power supply under the pedal board if possible. Thanks for any help in advance and have a great day!

JohnClark

Re: Which power supply?

Post by JohnClark » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:56 pm

A Pedal Power Digital would probably be the best fit for these pedals. It will also fit under your Pedaltrain using the same brackets.
The VoiceLive Play GTX can be powered from either 12V Output on a Pedal Power Digital.
The B3 and G-50 can each be powered from any 9V Output on a Pedal Power Digital.

Are there other pedals you will be running with this setup?

About calling the tech line... do you mean our tech support? Sorry if we missed you! We return every call we get unless we either can't make out the number that was left or the caller forgets to leave a number (it happens a lot more than you may think! ;) )

I hope that helps!

scottman72

Re: Which power supply?

Post by scottman72 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:46 am

JohnClark wrote:A Pedal Power Digital would probably be the best fit for these pedals. It will also fit under your Pedaltrain using the same brackets.
The VoiceLive Play GTX can be powered from either 12V Output on a Pedal Power Digital.
The B3 and G-50 can each be powered from any 9V Output on a Pedal Power Digital.

Are there other pedals you will be running with this setup?

About calling the tech line... do you mean our tech support? Sorry if we missed you! We return every call we get unless we either can't make out the number that was left or the caller forgets to leave a number (it happens a lot more than you may think! ;) )

I hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply JohnClark!

I was unsure about the rated mA output of the power supply compared to the rated input of each item. I guess it doesn't have to match exactly? Not really wanting to fry any pedals :shock:

At this point I don't see myself adding any more items to this pedal board. For a bass player/vocalist I believe these are all the items I will be using. Unless I find a super small midi foot pedal for controlling the lights lol.

Yes I believe it was the tech support line I called twice and left messages and a good phone number. Perhaps I was screening calls if you guys called back? It happens lol. Thanks again :)