It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ACA/PSA capable power supply
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:48 am 

I am looking for a power supply that has legs for both ACA(pre 94) and PSA(post 94)pedals--all are negative pin. What model Voodoo power supply would meet my needs?

Post subject: Re: ACA/PSA capable power supply
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:36 am 

Any of the Pedal Power models can work depending on how many ACA pedals you want to power.

For instance, the Pedal power 2+ has four outputs that can be independently set to ACA Mode (12V) where a Pedal Power ISO-5 has a single 12V output that would power an ACA pedal.

What pedals will you be powering?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:39 am 

Thanks for responding! I have 4 pedals that are ACA---CS-3 compressor(I prefer it to the PSA ones--more meaty and gainy)--an Ibanaz delay(great pedal)--a SMALL CLONE chorus(electro-Harmonix)--and a Boss DUAL OVERDRIVE(another great pedal---meaty). All my other pedals are PSA....looking for the RIGHT power supply--at a good cost......

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:34 pm 

"ACA" refers to a power supply Boss used to use on some of their pedals. It was actually a 12V power supply. The CS-3 actually does have ACA and PSA models, but I'm not sure the Dual Overdrive ever had an ACA version... it this the SD-2?

Now the Small Clone has always been a 9V pedal as far as I know. This is usually printed on the top panel above the power jack... what does yours say?

Most Ibanez delays that I can think of off the top of my head were 9V too, but some were 18V (For example, older versions of the AD-80 were actually 18V). Which Ibanez Delay do you have?

Also, what are the other pedals you will be looking to power? I mentioned the Pedal Power 2+ has the four outputs capable of powering "ACA" pedals, but it has a total of eight outputs. Our Pedal Power Mondo has 12 output sections.

Let us know what pedals you want to power and we can help point you to the power supply that would best fit your needs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:42 pm 

Thanks again for the responses---will have to do some more homework and comparisons. As long as I get what I need----will return with some specs on all my pedals......

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:21 pm 

No need to research the power specs on them just yet, we probably know most of that already. :ugeek:

If you can just tell us exactly which pedals you want to power we can likely get you going!