How to power too many pedals...

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
McKuw

How to power too many pedals...

Post by McKuw » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:12 am

I already have a Pedal Power® 2 PLUS, but my pedal collection has expanded since then, and was just wondering what everyone's recommendation would be if I was to get a second power supply. I probably wouldn't have all of these pedals linked up all at the same time, but just in case I wanted to, what would be the best way of doing it?

1. Electro Harmonix Stereo Pulsar
2. Earthquaker Devices Data Corrupter
3. Red Panda Particle
4. VZEX Fat Fuzz Factory
5. Electro Harmonix Super Ego
6. Electro Harmonix 45000 Looper
7. VZEX Instant Lo-Fi Junky
8. Shoe Pixel
9. Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator
10. Electro Harmonix Memory Man (24v version)
11. Digitech Whammy V
12. Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
13. Boss BF-2 Flanger
14. Electro Harmonix Big Muff (old style)
15. Electro Harmonix Small Stone (old style)
16. Earthquaker Devices Avalanche Run
17. Electro Harmonix Freeze
18. Electro Harmonix Neo Clone
19. Electro Harmonix Neo Mistress
20. Electro Harmonix RTG

(And I'm also coveting a Boss SY-300.)

JohnClark

Re: How to power too many pedals...

Post by JohnClark » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:22 am

Thats a lot of pedals!

The Stereo Pulsar, Data Corrupter, Particle, Fat Fuzz Factory, Instant Lo-Fi Junky, Pixel, MF-102, DS-2, BF-2, Neo Clone, Neo Mistress, and RTG can each be powered from any output on a Pedal Power 2+ or outputs 1-8 on the Mondo with the corresponding DIP Switch set to Normal or from any 9V output on any Pedal Power model using one of the supplied all black standard barrel cables.
The older Big Muff and Small Stone can also each be powered from any output on a Pedal Power 2+ or outputs 1-8 on the Mondo with the corresponding DIP Switch set to Normal or from any 9V output on any Pedal Power model using a Mini Plug Cable.

The Superego, 45000, and Freeze each draw a little more current. These can each be powered from Outputs 5 and 6 on a 2+ or Mondo with the corresponding DIP Switch set to Normal, or from any 9V High Current Outputs on on any Pedal Power model using one of the supplied all black standard barrel cables.

The SY-300, Whammy V and the Avalanche Run are higher current pedals and they can each be powered from any 9V High Current output as found on the ISO-5, Digital, 4x4, Mondo, and the new Pedal Power X4, using one of the supplied all black standard barrel cables.

The 24V Memory Man can be powered from any two of outputs 1-4 on a Pedal Power 2+, or Mondo with the corresponding DIP Switches set away from Normal, or from the two 12V outputs on a Digital, 4x4, and Mondo, using the optional 2.5mm Voltage Doubling Cable.

So if you already have a Pedal Power 2+, and want to power all of these at once, I'd say that the Mondo would be the appropriate choice as an additional power supply. But if you were going to split these pedals up into smaller boards we'd still have you covered from the Pedal Power line with the ISO-5, Digital, 2+, 4x4, Mondo, and the new X4.

I hope that helps!