It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Powering Digitech RP-20 via Pedal Power 2 Plus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:10 am 

Hi,

I am considering buying a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus to power the following pedals:

• Digitech Bad Monkey
• Digitech iStomp
• Dunlop JH-1 Wah
• Proco RAT

I am sure the above will work fine. However, I am using the Digitech RP-20 Valve Multi-FX and I am not sure how I could power this unit. On the adapter it says: Input 230V, Output 9V and it has a different plug compared to the regular stompboxes mentioned above.

Can I power the RP-20 with the Pedal Power 2 Plus? If so, what cable(s) do I require in addition to what comes in the box?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Should you require additional information or have any questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Remco

Post subject: Re: Powering Digitech RP-20 via Pedal Power 2 Plus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:02 am 

The RP20 requires AC power and cannot be powered from the DC outputs on the front of a Pedal Power 2+. You can however use the Courtesy Outlet on the back of the Pedal Power 2+ to connect the power supply for the RP20, although you may need an adapter cable if you will be using an export model with the Reverse IEC jack.

Is the RP20 power supply a "Table Top" type, where it has a mains cable on one end and another cable on the other end to the RP20? Alternatively, can you post a picture of the power supply you have for the RP20?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:04 pm 

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I added a photo of the power supply as you requested (the cables on both sides of the adapter are fixed and cannot be detached). I think I have to buy a separate cable then, to connect from the PP2+ to the 4-din connector on the RP-20.

Thanks again.

Remco

Attachments:
Capture2.jpg
Capture2.jpg [ 108.94 KiB | Viewed 277 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:25 pm 

That is the "Tabe Top" type supply I was referring to... so on that model you will need to either change the "wall plug" on the mains cable to mate with the Reverse IEC on an Export Pedal Power 2+ (am I correct in assuming you are in a country where the wall outlet power is 220-240?), or get an adapter cable that goes between the Reverse IEC and the wall plug on your RP20 power supply.

The Courtesy Outlet on a Export Model Pedal Power 2+ accepts a NEMA C14.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:51 pm 

Thanks for the explanation. I would need the additional cable for a European plug, but for now I will try the PP+ for the individual pedals. I prefer to keep the adapter for the RP-20 as is.

Thanks a bunch for your help :-)

With kind regards,

Remco