It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to pedalboards, looking for help
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:36 pm 

Finally decided to get a pedalboard and try to make things easier on myself. I think I mostly have things figured out, but I want to confirm what I'm doing before I start buying things and find out I'm doing everything wrong, or worse damage something.

I'm looking at a bit of a hodgepodge board. Here's a list of what I'm looking to power, and the information I found online about them (if something is wrong, please correct me)

Earthquaker Devices - Bit Commander -- 9 volts DC, 25 mA draw

Electroharmonix - Small Clone -- 9 volts DC, 25 mA draw

Boss DS-1 -- 9 volts DC, 20 mA draw

Pigtronix - Philosopher's Tone -- 9-18 volts DC, 13 mA draw @12V/16 mA draw @18V (comes with 15V wall wart)

Dunlop - Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Wah -- 9 volts DC. Could not find mA draw

Danelectro - Fish n Chips EQ -- Wasn't able to find anything

Rocktron - Silver Dragon -- 13 volts AC, 25 mA draw

So what power supply would be able to power this? I thought the Pedal Power 2 Plus would be able to cover it, as most of them are 9V, and the Rocktron pedal could be powered with the courtesy AC (I think?) But I'd be limited to running the Philosopher's Tone with 9V then. Unless there's a way to use power from 2 outputs, for 18V?

Thanks for any help

Post subject: Re: New to pedalboards, looking for help
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:44 am 

A Pedal Power 2+ would be my suggestion for this setup.

The Silver Dragon would indeed need to use its included power adapter and it can be connected to the Courtesy Outlet on the back of the Pedal Power 2+.

The Pigtronix can be powered at 9V from any output with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal. For 12V it can be powered from any one of Outputs 1-4 with the corresponding DIP switch set away from Normal. With such a low current draw, this particular pedal would probably see about 16V from output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP switch set away from Normal. If you wanted to run it specifically at 18V then you could use our Voltage Doubler Adapter connected to any two outputs with the corresponding DIP switches set to Normal.

The rest of your pedals, including the Fish N' Chips, can each be powered from any output with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal.

I hope that helps!