Stooooopid Question!!! Reverse Polarity

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
Slush

Stooooopid Question!!! Reverse Polarity

Post by Slush » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:29 pm

This is likely a very silly quesiton but I am new to the board and cannot profess to be an expert on power and current. This stuff scares me because I fear I will burn out my gear!

Nonetheless, I have an Empress Superdelay and a Voodoo Pedal Power 2. I understand I need to switch outputs 5 or 6 away from the NORMAL setting on the toggles and use a red center positive adapter.

Are you ready? Here comes my silly question.... I'm just wondering if it matters which side I plug the red connector to. Does it get plugged into the actual pedal or Voodoo Pedal Power? I have a feeling it doesn't matter but I want to be sure since I don't want to fry delay pedal.

Sorry for the silly question... but I guess this is what the forum, in part, is for. :oops:

Thx.

JohnClark

Re: Stooooopid Question!!! Reverse Polarity

Post by JohnClark » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:54 am

Electronically it wouldn't matter, however the Red ended cable is not only reverse polarity, it is also a larger diameter barrel connector. It will fit into the Pedal Power or the Superdelay but it will not make a reliable connection. For the Superdelay you should use the White ended cable. Send an email to info@voodoolab.com in order to get the correct cable you need.