Boomerang+ with PP2+?

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
skippertronic

Boomerang+ with PP2+?

Post by skippertronic » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:48 pm

Hello,
Can a Boomerang+ be powered from outputs 5 or 6 on the PP2+? I expect the official answer to be "no", but I'm asking b/c others on here seem to be powering their Eventide Timefactors, which requires 1200mA, with no problem.
The specs on the Boomerang are: 9-10v AC (only), 700 mA. The red barrel connector fits. If I were to try it, which position for the DIP switch? I want to be sure I don't fry the 'rang.
I would love to take the wall wart off my board.
Thanks in advance!

Skippertronic

skippertronic

Re: Boomerang+ with PP2+?

Post by skippertronic » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:49 pm

Anybody out there? I apologize if this is a dumb question, I'm a newbie and I could really use an answer. Thanks! :?:

JohnClark

Re: Boomerang+ with PP2+?

Post by JohnClark » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:41 am

The Boomerang is AC only so it can only be powered from a Pedal Power AC or from one of the AC outputs on the upcoming Pedal Power Versa. With the Pedal Power 2+ you would have to use the supplied adapter connected to the Courtesy Outlet. The reason we are able to power the Eventide pedals directly is because they are DC and don't draw anywhere near the stated 1200mA requirement. I hope that helps!