It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What means exactly unregulated?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:21 am 

So, here my needs:

i have to power 3 pedals 10/20 ma each and a whor... hem.. the glab gsc-2. I've asked g-lab techs about power needs, and without using the 9v out it requires 330Ma @ 12v in the worst condition. That means the iso-5 is * perfectly to my setup, BUT i am 100% confident it wont be out until april 2010.

Looking at specs i could join the 2 high current outs of PP2, but what exactly means unregolated? does it supply 12v or it will be floating?

Post subject: Re: What means exactly unregulated?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:50 am 

Unregulated means that the output voltage will be dependent on the current demand. As shown in the Pedal Power 2+ manual, on output 5 or 6 switched away from Normal you can expect an output of 14.5V with a 50mA load... while a 200mA load will pull the voltage down to 9V.

I know this will only fuel the fire, but I know a dude on the inside and he completely disagrees with your estimate on the release date of ISO-5. ;) Hint: it's much sooner than you think.

Post subject: Re: What means exactly unregulated?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:12 am 

Hmm.. so this mean that my board "might" crash by power fault when limit conditions are reached. Rare to happen, but possible.

I am nailed up to Iso-5. My thougths were based on marketing considerations, but i will be glad to finish and post pictures of my pedalboard sooner :)

Thanx for advice