It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Powering an akai headrush with a PP2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:16 am 

Hi there,
I've got a PP2 (not the "+" model, the older one), and I have issues powering an akai headrush E1. It is switched with a standard cable in 9VDC at 100mA and sometimes the volume becomes very low, whereas it seems to work fine most of the time...
I found out that the akai headrush needs 9VDC-165mA, maybe it is the problem. So where and how can I connect it to my PP2 so that it works fine?
Thanks,
Julien

Post subject: Re: Powering an akai headrush with a PP2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:18 am 
Hi Julien,
The major issue which you are facing at the moment is of powering an akai headrush E1 in a PP2. Is that so? You are confused whether it should be switched with a standard cable in 9VDC at 100mA or 9VDC at 165mA. Am I clear? The volume normally works good but rarely you find it turning very low. The best thing I can do for you is I will try to troubleshoot your query after discussing your point with some of my friends who working in IT companies. I will get back to you as early as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:36 am 

Thanks for your reply!
Yes you're clear and my problem consists in powering an Headrush E1 in a PP2. I've pluged it with a standard cable in 9VDC at 100mA for 2 years now, and sometimes the volume turns very low... I've found on the internet that the Headrush needs 9VDC at 165mA. So where can I plug it on my PP2 to have 165mA? Maybe on the 5 or 6 output (the Line 6 ones), with a standard cable and the Dip switch turned on, which I haven't tried yet...
Sorry for my bad english :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:00 pm 

That is the strangest form of spam I have come across yet. Just for clarity, user michaelhoffman (email: michael.hoffman07@gmail.com ) is a spammer.

Julien,

Unfortunately there is not a way to properly power the Headrush from the front panel jacks of the Pedal power 2. For this setup you will need to power the Headrush from the Courtesy Outlet on the back of the Pedal Power 2 using the supplied adapter.
A Pedal Power 2+ will power the Headrush from Output 5 or 6 with the DIP switch set to Normal.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:02 pm 

Ok, that was a spammer, that's why I found the message weird!
Thanks for your answer but I don't quite understand. I do see the Courtesy Outlet on the back of my PP2, but I don't catch how I can connect it to my Headrush... Is there a special adapter or whatever? Could you tell me more?
Sorry for my ignorance :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:20 pm 

Tohubohu wrote:
Ok, that was a spammer, that's why I found the message weird!
Thanks for your answer but I don't quite understand. I do see the Courtesy Outlet on the back of my PP2, but I don't catch how I can connect it to my Headrush... Is there a special adapter or whatever? Could you tell me more?
Sorry for my ignorance :roll:

Ah... you must have an export model Pedal Power 2+. That outlet is a Reverse IEC jack. You will need a cable with the Reverse IEC connector on one end that mates to the power supply you have. This is the same connector found on the export version power conditioners from Furman... perhaps that will help in the search for a local source for the necessary cable.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:58 am 

Yes it is an export model. Thanks for your help, I'm going to try to find the right cable...
Regards,
Julien