It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roland Ready?
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:08 pm 

Hi All, with my first post here!

There is a need for me to add a my trusty old Roland GR-30 to the kit- adding to a Strymon Flint (250 ma), Bogner Blue or LaGrange (60 ma) Line 6 DL4 (200 ma?) Tube Screamer Clone, Boss CE-2 and sometimes a Sweetsound Mojo Vibe. There is also an old Rivera RM-1 looper, which I think draws 240 ma.

I believe that the GR-30 needs 440 ma- this addition is the area where I have questions as I'm new to the world of Power Supplies, having used an integrated board (that offered lots of ground loop noise).

I'd like to know which Voodoo Lab Power supply can accommodate the above.

Thanks for any input.

Post subject: Re: Roland Ready?
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:26 am 

Hello, welcome to the forum!

A Pedal Power 4x4 should be able to power all of these. You will probably want to use a Current Doubler Adapter (the one with the Green end) connected to at least one High Current 9V output and any other 9V output for the GR-30.

The Bogners, Mojo Vibe, and probably the Screamer Clone can each be powered from any 9V output.

The CE-2 and RM-1 can each be powered from either of the 12V outputs. (If the CE-2 is actually the newer "Waza Craft" version then it would actually need a 9V output.)

The Flint and the DL-4 can each be powered from any of the High Current 9V outputs.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:24 pm 

JohnClark wrote:
Hello, welcome to the forum!

A Pedal Power 4x4 should be able to power all of these. You will probably want to use a Current Doubler Adapter (the one with the Green end) connected to at least one High Current 9V output and any other 9V output for the GR-30.

The Bogners, Mojo Vibe, and probably the Screamer Clone can each be powered from any 9V output.

The CE-2 and RM-1 can each be powered from either of the 12V outputs. (If the CE-2 is actually the newer "Waza Craft" version then it would actually need a 9V output.)

The Flint and the DL-4 can each be powered from any of the High Current 9V outputs.

I hope that helps!

Thanks John- My bad on the Boss as it's an old CS-2, so that will likely go in with the Bogner bunch.

Thanks for the comment on the Doubler Adaptor- does the green end need a converter to plug into the GR-30, as it takes a barrel type input from the Roland ACI 120C?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:42 pm 

No bad occurred here :? An older CE-2 that uses the ACA type supply and should be powered from the 12V output. I was just including that the newer one (the CE-2W) uses the PSA type supply and would then be grouped with the other standard 9V pedals.

The green end on the adapter cable is a jack that accepts any Pedal Power cable. You should just need one of the included standard all black barrel cables to connect between the Green end of the adapter cable and the GR-30.

The RM-1 is probably going to be the one that will need a custom made cable since it has a somewhat atypical power input jack.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:44 pm 

Thanks John-

The guy who had the Rivera RM-1 before me had it converted to accept an reverse polarity cable and in his case- powered it off of his 4X4 of all things!