It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pedal Power 4x4 or PP2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:16 am 

I am completely new to the pedal power world but am doing my best to understand and make a solid decision. I have narrowed my choices down to Voodoo Labs (4x4 or PP2) I think. Basically, below is what I have, some of the pedals do not need to be in at all times. The power supply will be used more in a studio application than live but need the option. In advance, thanks for your advice/help and not admonishing me for my stupidity...

Boss TU2
Boss BF2
Boss SD1 (not used often)
MXR Phase 90
Rat Vintage (Reissue 90s)
Vox Cooltron (
MoogerFooger Ring Modulator (DC 9v 300ma Ctr. Pos.)
TC HoF (Reverb)
EHX Freeze (comes with its own 9.6 DC 200)
EHX Bass Big Muff Pi Deluxe
Elektron Analog Drive (5.5 x 2.5mm 12V 1A)
Tech 21 Sans Amp GT2 (100ma - 9v 2.1mm)

Like I said not all will need to be live at the same time. Again, thanks for opinions on which direction I should go, including (possibly) whether I need a Mondo. Thanks. D>

Post subject: Re: Pedal Power 4x4 or PP2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:32 am 

There really isn't much of a difference in power consumption between Active and Bypass states for most all pedals. The circuits are always running when powered up. So when you say not all pedals will be used at once, do you mean they won't all be plugged in at the same time or just not all Active at the same time?

If you will only be plugging some of these pedals at any given time then a 4x4 will likely work for you. But, if these will all be in a rig at once then I would suggest the Mondo.

The TU-2, BF-2, SD-1, Phase 90, vintage Rat, HOF, SansAmp GT2, and Bass Big Muff Pi Deluxe can each be powered from any 9V output.

The MF-102 can also be powered from any 9V output but it will require a Reverse Polarity Barrel Cable.

The Elektron Analog Drive can be powered from either of the High Current 12V Outputs.

The Freeze can be powered from any of the High Current 9V outputs.

I hope that helps!