It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: pp2+ blown...questions
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:16 am 

hi. i have a blown pp2+. it's a 120v unit plug to the 220v of our country without a step down transformer. It's mine but a friend of mine borrow it. it has a fuse in the primary. i've noticed that there are 3 wires coming from the primary to the line, but seems like only one is connected on each side. are those wires for different voltages? or should they go soldered all together?. in case they are for different primary voltages...how can i identify the ones for a 220 primary so i can use it direct without a step down transformer? thanks a lot in advance.

Post subject: Re: pp2+ blown...questions
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:33 am 

The transformer only has the two wires for its Primary winding... and it is (well, it was ;) ) wired for 120V only. The units that are for Export Voltages (220-240) use a different transformer altogether.

Please give us a call or write to info@voodoolab.com so we can discuss your repair options.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:06 pm 

Yes sir extremely helpful. i'll try to buy a new one in chile, i live in argentina and there's no place to buy it here. the only problem is that i don't know if the one that they sell is 220v.
just in case...to have more options...do you sell direct? i live in neuquen, patagonia, argentina. i have a bosstone, analog chorus, and microvibe. maybe i can order a tremolo and the pp2+ 220v from you. and i'm also liking your pedal boards.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:36 pm 

Pricing, availability, various options based on where you live... yep, exactly the sort of thing we can discuss if you'll contact us directly ;) info@voodoolab.com