Help on Powering

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
srfriggen

Help on Powering

Post by srfriggen » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:33 pm

hello,

I have 9 pedals to power with my voodoolab pedalpower 2 plus. currently i have 8 powered with 1 cable coming from my boss TU-2 to power the 9th (currently a TS-808). I am getting power but the sound sometimes sounds like it is straining.

If I list my pedals can someone please tell me how to properly power them with my pedal power 2 plus?

Order:

Boss TU-2
Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah
Crybaby (says 9v)
Barber Tone Press
TS-808
TS-9
Boss CH1
Boss DD7
Keeley Katana

Trueman

Re: Help on Powering

Post by Trueman » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:07 pm

I cant see anything wrong with what your doing. Trying powering the TS808 off its own output, see if its "straining" still. Good luck!
Connoisseur of good tone.

http://www.john-trueman.com : Guitarist from Down Under
http://www.guitarpedals.co.nz

srfriggen

Post by srfriggen » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:27 pm

would i need to power the tuner with a different jack from the power plus? does the power plus have enough power to feed the tuner and the ts808 from 1 jack? could it be i need more than 9volts?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:53 pm

srfriggen wrote:would i need to power the tuner with a different jack from the power plus? does the power plus have enough power to feed the tuner and the ts808 from 1 jack? could it be i need more than 9volts?
This should be fine to do from a single Pedal Power output as both require 9V and have a fairly low current demand. As Truman asked, what happens if you power the Tube Screamer separately? You can use a battery for this test.