It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pedal Power 4X4 Power Issue
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:35 pm 

Hello-

I need help. My 4X4, which has been reliable since I've purchased it, seems to be the source of some bizarre power issues. This is what's happening, as I'm playing with my band, and even by myself, there are times where the volume output drops pretty significantly. Power is restored when I do the following: unplug/plug the power supplied to a pedal, or unplug/the cable jack in to my amp. This isn't a consistent fix either. Sometimes it doesn't work at all.

At first, I thought it was my amp needing new tubes/caps, but that theory was proven wrong today when I was using a different amp. The same thing happened.

I've moved pedals around, wondering maybe there's a port that's being overloaded by current draw (mA). That doesn't appear to be the case. I've used different guitars...not that either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Marc

Post subject: Re: Pedal Power 4X4 Power Issue
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:26 pm 

Typically symptoms like yours would be due to a failing audio cable or maybe a True Bypass switch. Does the LED on the 4x4 stay lit when this happens?

Try running your guitar to the input of each pedal down the chain. So into Pedal #2 then test, then into pedal #3 then test... until you get to the last pedal.

Let us know what you find!