Pedal Power 2 Plus in Europe

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
smatts

Pedal Power 2 Plus in Europe

Post by smatts » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:34 pm

I will be touring Europe next Spring (Western Europe: France, Italy, etc, not UK) and I wanted to know if it is safe to use my Pedal Power 2 Plus 120 there since there is the power conversion issue?

If so, what do I need to do to make it work? Or is it fine as is? I use 4 pedals on my board: EH 16 Dig Delay, Pog, Octavio Fuzz and EH 22500 Looper. Would i just need the voltage converter adapter that everyone needs or something else? And is there any risk of shorting it out?

Any info on this would be really helpful.

Best,

S

JohnClark

Re: Pedal Power 2 Plus in Europe

Post by JohnClark » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:34 am

In order to operate a 120V Pedal Power in Europe, you will need a Step Down Transformer that converts the 220-240V down to 120V. A fully loaded Pedal Power 2+ consumes less than 20 Watts. Add to that the Wattage consumption of anything that you may have connected to the Courtesy Outlet to find your minimum Wattage need.

I hope that helps!

smatts

Re: Pedal Power 2 Plus in Europe

Post by smatts » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:34 pm

Hi John,

Thanks very much! Is there a specific Step Down Transformer that I need? I'll just do a search online I guess.

Thanks again for your help!

Stephen