It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mondo
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:26 pm 

I'm looking to buy a pedal train pedalboard. I'm set on either the Novo 24 or the 32 to house my pedal collection. I'm using a cry baby wah and a bunch of stomp boxes. 12 in total so I was wonderin if the Mondo would be my best bet to power all of em? Thanks

PS Oh and I'm new here so hi :)

Post subject: Re: Mondo
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:04 am 

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

The 12 output sections of the Mondo would keep all your pedals isolated. If you let us know exactly which pedals you have we can tell you how to connect them all.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:03 pm 

So the Mondo would be the way to go?

I have a cry baby wah, modtone tuner, boss os2 boss ds1, digitech grunge, boss ns2, boss ph3, boss ce5, boss flanger, boss tr2, boss dd7, and a boss rv6.

Also do ya think a pedaltrain novo 24 would house all of these? Or should I go for the Novo 32? I wanna have space between my pedals so I can get to em all easy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:09 am 

The Mondo would power all your pedals, no problem! In fact each of your pedals can be powered using any of the 9V Outputs to the left, or any of the numbered outputs to the right with the corresponding DIP switches set to Normal.

I used the PedalboardPlanner.com to see how your pedals would fit on a Novo 24 and came up with this...

Attachment:
65_MustangBoard.JPG
65_MustangBoard.JPG [ 72 KiB | Viewed 588 times ]

Maybe a little close if the wah will be mounted on the board?

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:51 pm 

WOW, That looks so awesome. Thanks so much for taking the time to do that. Well I think that does it. I'm gonna go with the Mondo and the Pedatrain Novo 24. After seeing that I think the 32 might be over kill. I'm hoping with the Mondo that it helps cut down on hum to. I get some buzz through my current set up. Right now I'm using a pair of Boss BCB 60's to get the job done. I'd love to have one less plug to worry about and to have it all in one case for shows.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:54 pm 

I'm still learning about pedal set up. Is that the best way to go? I almost have em set that way now. Just have the distortion pedals going OS2,DS1, and then the Grunge pedal.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:53 am 

This should be quite an upgrade from your current setup. I'm sure you will be happy with the end result!

On the dirt pedals is was really sort of a 50/50 shot ;) Certainly try them out in a different order but there is nothing wrong with the routing you are currently using. Run em so they sound good to you!

Let us know how it goes!