It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EP103 Echolplex Delay
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:43 pm 

Just got this pedal, an Echoplex ep103 delay. Plugged it into my Pedal Power 2Plus 9v outlet and the pedal does not function. Contacted Dunlop, and they said I needed to use the supplied adapter, i.e. the pedal was not getting enough power. It needs 9V 240 mA to run. Any way to run this off the PP2+ the power supply? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Post subject: Re: EP103 Echolplex Delay
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:13 pm 

The Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Delay can be powered from a Pedal Power 2+ on output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal using one of the included all black standard barrel cables.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:57 am 

JohnClark wrote:
The Dunlop EP103 Echoplex Delay can be powered from a Pedal Power 2+ on output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal using one of the included all black standard barrel cables.

I hope that helps!

The above doesn't work for me. Tried it in either 5 or 6 (with DIP in Normal position) and got crickets... Only solution for me is using the Dunlop provided power supply into the courtesy jack of my PP2+. Not a deal breaker for me but I'm puzzled as to why it doesn't work for me. :o

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:37 am 

jimmyw wrote:
JohnClark wrote:

I hope that helps!

The above doesn't work for me. Tried it in either 5 or 6 (with DIP in Normal position) and got crickets... Only solution for me is using the Dunlop provided power supply into the courtesy jack of my PP2+. Not a deal breaker for me but I'm puzzled as to why it doesn't work for me. :o

Hmm, it should work just fine, the max draw is stated to be 240mA. We have even seen a setup with an EP103 and a M300 Reverb on 5 and 6 at the same time with no trouble.
Does it work if it is the only pedal connected? What else are you powering? Did you check that it isn't a failing power cable? Do you maybe have the Pedal Power 2, not the 2+?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:52 pm 

JohnClark wrote:
jimmyw wrote:
JohnClark wrote:

I hope that helps!

Hmm, it should work just fine, the max draw is stated to be 240mA. We have even seen a setup with an EP103 and a M300 Reverb on 5 and 6 at the same time with no trouble.
Does it work if it is the only pedal connected? What else are you powering? Did you check that it isn't a failing power cable? Do you maybe have the Pedal Power 2, not the 2+?

LOL! With my PP2+ mounted, I was counting backwards... Trying to use 4 instead of 5. After correctly inserting the cable into 5, it works. Thanks!