It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pedal Power 2 plus problem
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:21 pm 

Need some help please, I bought the Pedal Power 2 plus just over a year ago now (the UK version) and I have recently changed my pedalboard set up. It may be a silly question but im not very good with voltage inputs, outputs etc.

My question is this:

I there any way of running the Digitech Whammy pedal or the Line 6 M9 with this unit?

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Pedal Power 2 plus problem
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:03 am 

The Whammy is AC only so it will need to be powered from the Courtesy Outlet on the back of the Pedal Power using the supplied adapter. I am not sure about the M9 but I suspect it would be the same or at least have a high current demand... does its power supply have the output spec labeled on it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:25 am 

Hi John thanks for getting back to me. The M9 power supply output is listed as 9V- 2000mA 18VA

Also, how do I go about connecting my Whammy to the courtesy outlet as it only has a small connection similar to the ones that go into the front outlets?

Thanks again

Paul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:12 pm 

Goattee wrote:
Also, how do I go about connecting my Whammy to the courtesy outlet as it only has a small connection similar to the ones that go into the front outlets?

The adapter that came with the Whammy will connect directly to the Courtesy Outlet.

Goattee wrote:
The M9 power supply output is listed as 9V- 2000mA 18VA

Well, unfortunately that didn't help much. It was a long shot. That appears to be the same power supply they use with just about everything so it isn't really a good indicator of what the actual current draw is. Given the display screen and all, I would still dare to say that it will draw too much current and thus will have to be run from the Courtesy Outlet also.

Since I have now suggested two things be connected to the Courtesy Outlet, you can use a power strip to be able to connect both of these wall wort power supplies. Another option would be the Pedal Power AC which should be able to power both of these pedals directly.