It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nominal Voltage of Pedal Power 2
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:28 am 

My pedal power has an output voltage of 9.1 vDC with dip switches in the normal position. I am trying to power up a Digitech RP360XP. It will not power it up. It can be powered by a "ONE SPOT" adapter. Please note the voltage of new 9 volt battery is 9.57 vDC

Post subject: Re: Nominal Voltage of Pedal Power 2
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:58 am 

It isn't the voltage that is the problem, it's that the RP360XP needs more current than a single output will provide.

Do you have the Pedal Power 2 or the Pedal Power 2+?

If what you have is actually the Pedal Power 2 then you will likely need to power the RP360XP from the Courtesy Outlet using the supplied power adapter.

If you have a Pedal Power 2+ then you can power the RP360XP using our Current Doubler Adapter (the one with the Green end) connected to outputs 5 and 6 with the corresponding DIP switches set to Normal together with one of the included all black barrel cables.

On the voltage readings you note... The Pedal Power outputs do provide slightly more than 9V. This is to mimic what a battery actually looks like when under load.
The 9.5 you mention for the battery suggests to me that maybe you didn't measure this battery under load. A battery will sag some once a load is applied.

I hope that helps!