It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: electro harmonix 16 second digital delay and pp2
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:16 pm 

Hello,

I connected my electro harmonix 16 sec digital delay (2004 reissue) to my pedal power 2 supply (slot 3, red cable, normal DIP) and it does not work properly. It will shut off intermittently, sometimes not work at all, and just plain act weird. I contacted EH about it and they said that they, "didn't design the pedal to work with anything but its own power supply." When I did plug it separately into the wall with the EH adapter, it worked fine. Does anyone know if there is a way to make this work with the PP2? As a quick fix, would the courtesy plug work with the EH adapter?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

-s

Attachments:
Screenshot 2016-08-03 21.14.51.png
Screenshot 2016-08-03 21.14.51.png [ 95.17 KiB | Viewed 865 times ]

Post subject: Re: electro harmonix 16 second digital delay and pp2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:34 am 

The 16 Second delay requires higher current and can actually be powered from a Pedal Power 2+ using our Current Doubler Adapter (the one with the Green end) connected to both Outputs 5 and 6 with their DIP switches set to Normal together with one of the included cables with the one Red end.

Alternatively, if you are already using those outputs, or you have the older Pedal Power 2 (not the + model), then yes, you can connect the original power supply to the Courtesy Outlet.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:47 pm 

Hi John,

Thank you for the info! That is really helpful. I do have the pp2+. The guy that setup my pedal board and the power supply didn't use the patch cable with the red end. He used a separate cable with 2 red ends. Is that because I didn't have the Current Doubler Adapter? Only reason I ask is because I want to be sure that red end patch will fit in the 16 sec delay input. I can always try it but I just was curious as to why he wouldn't have used that cable in the first place. Sorry if that is a silly question.

Thanks,
S

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:09 pm 

The cable with both ends in Red is for use with our Pedal Power AC. The Red end is not the right size for the Pedal Power 2+ jacks and this cable would also be the wrong polarity to use with this pedal from a Pedal Power 2+.

(Our Red ends have a 2.5mm inside diameter. The jacks on the Pedal Power 2+ accept a 2.1mm plug. You can mate them together but they can sometimes yield an unreliable connection.)

You will certainly need the Current Doubler and one of the 2.5mm Reverse Polarity (Center Positive) Barrel Cables for the 16 Second Delay since it has a 2.5mm jack and is Center Positive.

Good Luck!