It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Powering a Line6 FM4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:38 am 

Hello!
I'm planning to buy a Line6 FM4.
I understand that it can be powered by the PP2+ on outputs 5 or 6, with deepswitch "non-normal" and a 5,5x2,5mm red barrel connecter (reversed). OK.
Question: how is it possible, since the power plug on the FM4 mentions: "9VAC 1200mA minimum"????
The PP2+ deliver DC and not AC, and outputs 5/6 give 14.5V/12V (unregulated) @ only 50mA / 200m...
Who could tell me please?
Thank you in advance
Michel

Post subject: Re: Powering a Line6 FM4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

Michel wrote:
Hello!
I'm planning to buy a Line6 FM4.
I understand that it can be powered by the PP2+ on outputs 5 or 6, with deepswitch "non-normal" and a 5,5x2,5mm red barrel connecter (reversed). OK.
Question: how is it possible, since the power plug on the FM4 mentions: "9VAC 1200mA minimum"????
The PP2+ deliver DC and not AC, and outputs 5/6 give 14.5V/12V (unregulated) @ only 50mA / 200m...
Who could tell me please?
Thank you in advance
Michel

That's a good question. I have a question for you! How is it possible that the FM4 can run from 4 "C" batteries which provide 6VDC?

Interesting, yes?

Regards,
Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:11 am 

Hi Josh!
The FM4 handbook mentions two powering methods: 4C size batteries & 9V/AC power supply. Obviously, there are other powering options... My question was: why aren't these other options described in the Line6 documentation?
Best regards,
Michel
Josh Fiden wrote:
That's a good question. I have a question for you! How is it possible that the FM4 can run from 4 "C" batteries which provide 6VDC?
Interesting, yes?
Regards,
Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

Michel wrote:
Hi Josh!
The FM4 handbook mentions two powering methods: 4C size batteries & 9V/AC power supply. Obviously, there are other powering options... My question was: why aren't these other options described in the Line6 documentation?
Best regards,
Michel

This is from the Line6 web site:

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-3965

Q: How should I power my Line 6 Pedals?
A: We recommend using the Line 6 DC-1 for the Tonecore pedals, PX-2 AC Power Supply for the 4-button stompboxes, or the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power units for powering pedals. The Pedal Power 2 Plus can power up to 6 Tonecore pedals and two Modeling pedals at once, and the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power AC can power up to 4 Modeling pedals. Other power supplies may not deliver consistent voltage and are not supported by Line 6.

Regards,
Josh Fiden
Founder / CEO