Powering 4x4 from Power Plus 2 Courtesy Outlet

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
ZiZO

Powering 4x4 from Power Plus 2 Courtesy Outlet

Post by ZiZO » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi guys,

I'm new here, however I've been using my Pedal Power Plus 2 for years now. I am very happy with my PP2 but as my pedalboard grew I have now run out of outputs. I have tried daisy chaining the dirt section and it works fine without noise but the daisy chain cable limits my pedals arrangement and is causing me a lot of inconvenience.

I am considering purchasing a 4x4 as I could benefit a lot from its high current outputs. I know I can use the courtesy AC outlet in PP2 to power an AC pedal like the Digitech Whammy for example, but can I power the 4x4 from this courtesy outlet to save plug space? Has anyone tried this? Is it safe and noise free? I assume that the courtesy outlet is supplying an AC voltage similar to what I am plugging into which is 220V in the UK but I need to know for sure before I try it out.

Thank you all very much and I apologise if this has been asked before. I look forward to your feedback.

Cheers now,

Z

JohnClark

Re: Powering 4x4 from Power Plus 2 Courtesy Outlet

Post by JohnClark » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:07 pm

You can power any model of Pedal Power from the Courtesy Outlet with no problems.

The Export model Pedal Power 2+ has a Reverse IEC Jack that mates with an IEC Extension Cable.

Good Luck!

ZiZO

Re: Powering 4x4 from Power Plus 2 Courtesy Outlet

Post by ZiZO » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:09 pm

JohnClark wrote:You can power any model of Pedal Power from the Courtesy Outlet with no problems.

The Export model Pedal Power 2+ has a Reverse IEC Jack that mates with an IEC Extension Cable.

Good Luck!
Jeez that was quick!!!

Hahaha, fantastic, thank you very much for your help John, I really appreciate the quick reply.

Cheers buddy :D