Pedal Power 2 Plus and Tech 21 Fly Rig 5

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
idplmalx

Re: Pedal Power 2 Plus and Tech 21 Fly Rig 5

Post by idplmalx » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:38 am

Is it possible to use output 6 on the PP2+ with the Flyrig?

IF I'm reading it correctly, the manual says: Dip Switch ON (away from normal) gives you 12v and 200ma+, so that should work, but I feel like there's something I'm missing...

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:20 pm

idplmalx wrote:Is it possible to use output 6 on the PP2+ with the Flyrig?

IF I'm reading it correctly, the manual says: Dip Switch ON (away from normal) gives you 12v and 200ma+, so that should work, but I feel like there's something I'm missing...
We haven't tested this setup to know for sure it will be OK. Outputs 5 and 6 are not regulated when switched away from Normal so we do not know for certain that the Fly Rig will see the 12V it wants.

What we know for certain will work reliably is to use a Current Doubler Adapter (the one with the Green end) to combine any two of outputs 1-4 with the corresponding DIP Switches set away from Normal.

I hope that helps!

idplmalx

Post by idplmalx » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:27 pm

JohnClark wrote:
idplmalx wrote:Is it possible to use output 6 on the PP2+ with the Flyrig?

We haven't tested this setup to know for sure it will be OK. Outputs 5 and 6 are not regulated when switched away from Normal so we do not know for certain that the Fly Rig will see the 12V it wants.

What we know for certain will work reliably is to use a Current Doubler Adapter (the one with the Green end) to combine any two of outputs 1-4 with the corresponding DIP Switches set away from Normal.

I hope that helps!
Indeed it does, thanks!