It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Voodoo Lab Pedal power 2 + europe power question
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:28 pm 

Hello everyone!

My first post here, thought I should start off with a question about this beautiful power pedal.

Because I want to use this pedal in Sweden, where our electric sockets are 240V instead of 120V, I know that I need a 240/230 to 110/120 converter in order to be able to use it. IE. Without toasting the unit, hehe. However, I wonder what W I need on the converter so the pedal power 2 + is running as smoothly as it should.

For example, the 100W and 300W converters, there is a pretty big money and size difference between the units. And when rehearsing or at gigs I would not like to carry around the 300W converter unless thats my only option.

So basically, here is my question.

Do I need the (230V-110V Converter- 100W) or the (230V-110V converter 300W)?

Also, is there any extra humming(noise, loss of clean power) when I use a converter between the pedal power and the electric socket? If so, I would probably consider saving up cash for a new 230V friendly pedal power 2 +, cause I dig these pedals a lot.

Sorry for the long message, I hope someone might have a few ideas regarding this!

Sincerely,

Vinc

Post subject: Re: The Voodoo Lab Pedal power 2 + europe power question
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:48 pm 

There shouldn't be any noise from running a quality stepdown transformer. The 100w model should be plenty. BUT, having a heavy extra transform is a pain and a extra item to set up every time. I recommend you purchase a 230v version of the PP2+.