It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pigtronix Infinity Looper
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:30 am 

Hello,

I would like to power the Infinity Looper from my Pedal Power 2. It needs 18V and is rated at 200mA - I plan to use both High Current Outputs with a Voltage Doubler. I think this should work, but I wondered if anyone has any experience. I had the following info from Pigtronix:

Quote:
The current draw listed on the website was determined by measuring the maximum current of the looper with signal run through it and looping. When you power up the looper, there is an in-rush current when booting the digital circuitry. We have noticed problems if the in-rush current exceeds the rating on a power supply. It causes weirdness with the digital side of things. Thanks for reminding me that we need to update the website. You will probably be fine at 250 mA. I don't know the specific current value at the peak of the in-rush transient, it may be worth looking into. If your looper acts bizarre, supply more current.

So I'm a little concerned that it will boot up correctly. I'm already using the AC output to power a Radial PZ Pre.

Other FX on the board:
- Boss OC3
- TC HOF Mini
- TC Polytune Mini
- Line 6 Echo Park

Anyone have any experience or able to let me know that this will work, or suggest another option.

Post subject: Re: Pigtronix Infinity Looper
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:05 am 

Don't be concerned that the looper will boot up correctly... that is exactly what you want it to do! ;)

The Infinity Looper will be just fine the way you have it. Out outputs are not "hard limited" (for lack of a better term), meaning they can provide well above the rated maximum current for a short time. For these outputs, 250mA is the maximum continuous current.

Your other four pedals can each be powered from any output on the Pedal Power 2+ with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal.

I hope that helps!

Post subject: Re: Pigtronix Infinity Looper
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:35 am 

Brilliant! I was fairly sure that would be the case and have purchased a second PP2+ (so I'll have one on each board) and a voltage doubler on that basis. They certainly seem to be the best in the business! Would love to be able to accept different input voltages for US vs EU travels, but that's unlikely to be an issue for a little while at least. :)

Thanks.