Power issue with 2 or more voodoo lab pedals & trexfueltank

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
Trex

Power issue with 2 or more voodoo lab pedals & trexfueltank

Post by Trex » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:41 am

Hi there. Can anyone help me with this problem

I have connected my Whammy, Boss Flanger, Pro Octavia and Tremolo pedal into the Trex Fuel tank. My concern is this. When i only have 1 voodoo lab pedal I am able to power all my pedals with the fuel tank however when i connect another voodoo lab pedal eg pro octavia the fuel tank cuts out. now i know i'm not using all my mamps cause i connected a boss slicer and a trex replica into the fuel tank with my flanger and whammy and that works great. so my question is why would the fuel tank cut out on 2 voodoo lab pedals. and the answer is yes I am connecting it into the 9v output of the fuel tank :mrgreen:

JohnClark

Re: Power issue with 2 or more voodoo lab pedals & trexfueltank

Post by JohnClark » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:50 am

The Proctavia uses a positive ground circuit design and cannot be powered with a common ground power supply together with negative grounded pedals. The 9v outputs of the Fuel Tank are commonly grounded. You will need to power the Proctavia from a separate power supply or one with isolated outputs.

Trex

Re: Power issue with 2 or more voodoo lab pedals & trexfueltank

Post by Trex » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:37 am

hmmm that good to know. thanks for the heads up ;)