It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New pedalboard: will the PP2+ power all pedals???
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:03 am 

First of all hi to all members;)

I am putting together a small pedalboard. I have the PedalPower 2+ supply and would
like to know if I can connect all this pedals to the supply???

TC Electronics PolyTune
TC Electronics Alter Ego X4
Pigtronics Disnortion
T-Rex Room Mate Reverb
Fulltone Supa-Trem
Bad Bob Boost

:?:

Post subject: Re: New pedalboard: will the PP2+ power all pedals???
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:32 am 

The Alter Ego X4, Distnortion, and Room-Mate all require the use of outputs 5 or 6... in fact, the Room-Mate actually requires using both outputs 5 and 6 together.

If you connect the Room-Mate to the Courtesy Outlet using the supplied adapter, you could power the remaining pedals from the front panel outputs.
The Alter Ego X4 can be powered using a Current Doubler Adapter connected to output 5 or 6 and any other output with the corresponding DIP switches set to Normal.
The Distnortion can be powered from output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP switch st away from Normal.
The rest of the pedals can each be powered from any output with the corresponding DIP switches set to Normal.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:45 am 

@JohnClark

Thank you for the fast reply.

Can I do it like this??? Connect the Alter Ego to output 5 or 6 (normal position). I have read on this forum that it is also posible? And connect the Disnortion with the yellow T-rex Voltage Doubling Cable to 2 outputs????

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:11 pm 

The Distnortion requires more current than you would have available if you were to use a Voltage Doubler cable.
I have not been able to get an actual current draw of the Alter Ego, so to play it safe I suggested the Current Doubler. You can certainly try it out from a single output.

I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:03 am 

The Alter Ego works normally connected to output 5 or 6 (switch is on normal). I connected the Disnortion to output 5 or 6 (switch away from normal) and with a Voltage Doubling Cable to 2 outputs (9v) and the pedal
works but I get hum/noise when on, both ways. I think it I Will use the supplied adapter, or is there another option???

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:46 am 

The Distnortion will accept 9-18VDC. However the current demand actually rises as the voltage is increased. For 9V operation, you should be able to power the Distnortion from any single output with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal. This will draw about 40mA.

There are two possible ways to power the Distnortion from the front panel outputs at a higher voltage.
1. Use output 5 or 6 directly with the corresponding DIP switch set away from Normal. This will run it at about 12-14V and will draw more than 100mA.
OR
2. Use a Voltage Doubler on both outputs 5 and 6 with both DIP switches set to Normal. This will run it at 18V and will draw about 150mA.

Because you are already using one of the 250mA outputs on your setup you cannot use the Voltage Doubler with the Distnortion. If you used the Voltage Doubler and connected it to a 250mA output combined with one of the 100mA outputs it will not work correctly.

Did you try powering the Distnortion at the 12-14V range per example #1? If so, and there was buzzing, can you try it by itself powered that way, with only the Distnortion connected to the Pedal Power and with your guitar directly to the pedal and the pedal directly to the amp?