It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbie!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:42 pm 

Hi folks,

I have just bought my Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus and wanted to ask a few questions so here goes...

1.) I have a Fulltone Drive2 Mosfet and Fulltone Ultimate Octavia do I need special connector leads for these pedals?

2.) Where do I put my Fuss and Distortion pedals in the effects chain?

These are all my pedals...

Vox Wah-Wah (Battery operated only)
Fender Volume Tone Pedal
Volume Pedal for Uni Vibe
Rocktron Hush Pedal
Fulltone Drive2 Mosfet
Fulltone Ultimate Octavia
Arbiter Fuss Box (Battery operated only)
Line6 Delay Stomp Box
Dunlop Uni Vibe
Boost MXR Line Driver
Boss Chromatic Tuner TU-2
Boss Equalizer Pedal GE-7
Marshall JVM Pedal for Amp (Stomp box pedal for my Amp)
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power (Power Supply)

Thank you in advance for all your help!!

John B :) :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Newbie!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:59 pm 

The Fulldrive2 MOSFET and the Ultimate Octave can be powered from any output with the DIP switch set to Normal using the standard barrel cables that came with your Pedal Power 2+ for normal 9v operation.

For the pedal placement... wow... I think I'll let the rest of the boardies help you there, there are as many opinions about that as there are... well, something that there is a lot of, anyway. I can only suggest that you experiment to find the best placement for what you are trying to achieve.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:21 am 

JohnClark wrote:
The Fulldrive2 MOSFET and the Ultimate Octave can be powered from any output with the DIP switch set to Normal using the standard barrel cables that came with your Pedal Power 2+ for normal 9v operation.

For the pedal placement... wow... I think I'll let the rest of the boardies help you there, there are as many opinions about that as there are... well, something that there is a lot of, anyway. I can only suggest that you experiment to find the best placement for what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks for the help :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:15 pm 

Hi, I'm new to this forum too...but not new to guitar sciences! Are you going to be using the drive (distortion) and fuzz independently, or at the same time on occasion? (just curious)

I would put these toward the beginning of your effects chain. If you are using the volume/tone pedal put that one first; if using a tuner, then the tuner first, then volume pedal...

After that, try the fulltone drive...and if your feeling experimental, the EQ pedal after the drive...THEN the fuzz. You will have lot's of tonal and distortion options and pallettes that way. Don't be afraid to experiment. Try some pedals 2 or 3 at a time and see if you like what it does...if you do, then keep building on it. I generally save my tremelo or uni-vibe type pedal toward the end of the chain with delay, then reverb (if you're pedaling that ) at the end.

Good luck and don't forget to USE YOUR EARS!...

zen_radio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:48 pm 

Thanks Zen... :)