It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Y connectors and Stereo Electric Mistress
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:42 pm 

Hello,

I have a question about powering more than 8 pedals with the pedal power 2. I am going to be powering 10 9V devices, what is the best way to power the extra two? Can Voodoo Labs provide a Y splitter so that 2 pedals could be run off of one output on the Pedal Power? If so how much does that cost? Could I use a standard Y splitter such as the one Godlyke supplies for their power supply?

Also I have the Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress, and the instructions say not to use any other power supply than the one they provide. But it looks like a standard 9V jack, it has the same labeling as other EH pedals I have that run on standard 9V supplies. Will the Pedal Power would run it okay?

Thanks for the help! :D

Post subject: Re: Y connectors and Stereo Electric Mistress
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:47 pm 

You need the PPY cable from Voodoo Labs. Is yours a old Electric Mistress 24VDC @ 100mA or the new one?

http://www.john-trueman.com : Guitarist from Down Under
http://www.guitarpedals.co.nz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:29 pm 

Thanks for the reply. It is the new stereo electric mistress. It looks like it is a standard tip negative/barrell positive jack, so i think it will work.

Isn't the PPY cable for converting two outputs on the pedal power to one 18v output for pedals that need that? Will that cable also work in reverse? Powering two 9v pedals off of one output?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:51 pm 

The 18/24v Y cable cannot be used in reverse... which is why we make the Split Output Y cable! The Split Output Y cable can be used to power two pedals from a single output as long as the total current draw of the two pedals does not exceed the rated limit for the output used.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:34 pm 

I'm curious to know the best way to power the Stereo Electric Mistress with a Pedal Power 2. I recently switched to a Pedal Power 2 for my board and get a terrible hum when I engage the Electric Mistress (powered from a standard 9V port on the pedal power). I play about 2 times a month at my church and can say that this didn't happen when I powered the electric mistress from the original A/C adapter.

I don't have any trouble from my other pedals (Barber Tonepress, Fulltone OCD, MI Audio Crunchbox, MI Audio Boost n Buff, MXR Carbon Copy). To be fair, this doesn't happen when I practice at home or practice with another band. It appears to be isolated at my church, but it's very annoying. If I plug in the original adapter, the hum disappears (but I bought the pedal power to do away with carrying a/c adapters!).

Aside from the electric mistress issue, the pedal power has been awesome. Any suggestions are much appreciated.