It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Deluxe Memory Man xo which cable and output to use for PP2+?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:53 pm 

I'm trying to power a Deluxe Memory Man xo (smaller modern version) from the PP2+ and I have a few questions.

I know I need the voltage doubler cable PPEH24 with reverse polarity 2.5mm to give the DMM 24v center positive but...

1) Am I ok using outputs 1-4 with the dip switches on for this? It says in the manual that the max current of these outputs is 60mA each with the dip switches on and I know the power supply that came with the DMM is a 100mA supply, is 60mA enough?

2) The modern DMM xo is a 2.1mm barrel socket so I'm guessing it won't fit the 2.5mm connector from the voltage doubler cable with reverse polarity which is 2.5mm, do I just need to use a 2.5mm to 2.1mm adapter from my local electronics shop for this?

Thanks in advance for any replies to this. I'm pretty confused... :?

Post subject: Re: Deluxe Memory Man xo which cable and output to use for P
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:19 pm 

The 24V Deluxe Memory Man and the Deluxe Memory Man XO each draw less than 50mA so you're good there for using any two of outputs 1-4 with the corresponding DIP switches set away from Normal.

EHX sells the same power supply for use with either model so I'm a bit surprised that yours has the 2.1mm jack. You can check by taking the cable with the one Red end that came with the Pedal Power, disconnect it from anything else and try each end on your pedal... does either end fit the jack or just the Red end?

Either way I bet the 2.5mm Voltage Doubling Cable will be just fine as I'd bet that the plug on the EHX power supply that came with the pedal is 2.5mm. But if the pedal really does have a 2.1mm Jack, you could use our Voltage Doubler Adapter(the one at the top of the page) together with a Reverse Polarity Barrel Cable to ensure a more reliable connection.

I hope that helps!

Post subject: Re: Deluxe Memory Man xo which cable and output to use for P
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:44 pm 

Fantastic!

Thank you, this answers my questions, I've checked and yes you're right the DMM xo is 2.5mm, I'd not tested the size properly.

Problem solved! Thanks so much!