PP2+... Can it power...

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
Stuartwakefield

PP2+... Can it power...

Post by Stuartwakefield » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:20 pm

Hi,

It's my first time posting on this forum, I hope I'm asking the right thing in the right place.

I have a pedal board with the following pedal chain:
- Zvex Fuzz Factory (9V 3mA)
- Digitech Whammy 5 (9V 265mA)
- Dunlop Crybaby 535Q (9V 2mA)
- Boss CS-3 (9V 20mA)
- Boss NS-2 (9V 20mA)
- Ibanez TS Mini (9V 7mA)
- Catalinbread Giygas (9V 18mA)
- TC Electronic Dark Matter (9V 16mA)
- Boss GT1000 Core (9V 670mA)

All in, it totals 1021mA. Ideally I'd like to be able to power them all with a single PP2+ power supply which the combined sum of the outputs is 1100mA when all dips are set to normal.

Is it possible to connect all of the pedals? If so how would you go about it?

Where I've got to so far...

My assumption is that the GT1000 Core is just too hungry so would need to be powered separately.

I think the Digitech Whammy 5 might need a special cable to power it from the PP2+ but have no idea what cable and whether this can be one 100mA and one 250mA.

If I'm a power output short perhaps daisy chaining the 2 boss stomp pedals the most optimal way of dealing with the situation and maybe the 100mA output would do the trick.

But in the realm of complete fantasy if I combined both high current outputs with two other outputs that gives me 700ma for the GT1000 Core. Combine three normal outputs to give 300mA for the Digitech Whammy 5 and then daisy chain all other pedals from the final 100mA output which just about meets the current demand. How possible is this, what would I need and is it advisable?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Stuart