It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Line6 PodX3 + Shortboard Not Powered By Voodoo PP 2 Plus
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:43 am 

Hoping somebody can help me here. Two things:

- The packing list says that the PP2 Plus comes with 2 "red" connectors for line 6 products. Mine came with only one (and I need that second one). I'd like to know if I can buy a second one, or if Voodoo would do the right thing here and just ship me one.

But the important one:

- The PP2 will power the Line 6 Pod X3 when the switch underneath is set to unregulated and the red connector is used in the 5/6 numbered jack. BUT...it does not properly power the shortboard footswitch, which feeds its power from the Pod X3 via a CAT 5 cable (there is no dedicated power adapter/jack on the shortboard, you have to connect it to the Pod via the CAT 5 to power it). When you turn the Pod on, you see the lights on the Shortboard flash on a couple of times, but the shortboard never fully initializes. Switching to the standard power adapter that comes with the pod powers everything correctly.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do about this. The PP2 Plus powers everything else properly, except the ONE thing I really need it to.

Post subject: Re: Line6 PodX3 + Shortboard Not Powered By Voodoo PP 2 Plus
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:50 pm 

There just isn't enough current to power the Pod and the foot controller from a single Pedal Power 2+ output. You can connect the supplied Line 6 adapter to the Courtesy Outlet on the back of the Pedal Power 2+ for this.

For the "missing" cable, you can call or send an email to info@voodoolab.com so we can get your address. There has been a change to the cable pack somewhat recently that may not correspond to the manual online.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:16 am 

I am having a hard time finding a PSU capable of 9VAC 2A

Reading the previous posts I got the impression that the PP2+ can power a PODx3, is this really true? could it power the live version?

I can not get how an all DC output unit could do such a thing.

thanks for your time in advance ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:29 pm 

tbs wrote:
I am having a hard time finding a PSU capable of 9VAC 2A

Reading the previous posts I got the impression that the PP2+ can power a PODx3, is this really true? could it power the live version?

I can not get how an all DC output unit could do such a thing.

thanks for your time in advance ;)

I am not so sure the Pedal Power 2+ can in fact power the Pod X3 reliably but I do know for certain that it will not power the Pod X3 Live... In fact the Pod X3 Live draws too much current to be directly powered from the more appropriate Pedal Power AC. Some Line 6 devices can be powered via AC or DC... in those cases, we use that to our (and your) advantage. In the case of the Pod X3 live, it simply draws too much current either way and will have to be powered using the supplied adapter. I hope that helps!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:01 pm 

That is what I thought, thanks!