Dreadbox Komorebi flange/chorus needs 15V but will take 18V - not working with Mondo

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
billkat

Dreadbox Komorebi flange/chorus needs 15V but will take 18V - not working with Mondo

Post by billkat » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:32 am

Hi forum,

Can anyone give me some advice. I have a new Dreadbox Komorebi flange/chorus. It requires a 15VDC but the website says it will also run on 18VDC center pin positive. I bought the voltage doubler cable (center positive) and am trying to run it off of 2 9V slots on my Mondo, but no luck. Any advice?

Rez

Re: Dreadbox Komorebi flange/chorus needs 15V but will take 18V - not working with Mondo

Post by Rez » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:58 pm

You can create 18V with a Voltage Doubler Adapter, part# PPAY, in two 9V outputs and center positive with one of these reverse polarity cables:

2.1mm-to-2.5mm Reverse Polarity Barrel Cable, part# PPL6, PPL6-R

Or,

2.1mm-to-2.1mm Reverse Polarity Barrel Cable, part# PPREV, PPREV-R

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support

billkat

Re: Dreadbox Komorebi flange/chorus needs 15V but will take 18V - not working with Mondo

Post by billkat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:05 am

Ben,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I did try this - I bought the voltage doubler cable with center positive polarity and attached it to 2 discreet 9V outputs on the Mondo, but it does not power the Dreadbox. Any other suggestions?

Bill

billkat

Post by billkat » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:32 am

Ben,

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I did try this - I bought the voltage doubler cable with center positive polarity and attached it to 2 discreet 9V outputs on the Mondo, but it does not power the Dreadbox. Any other suggestions?

Bill

Rez

Post by Rez » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:49 am

Hmm... and, you've got the guitar cables plugged in too, yes?

Its manual does not specify its current demand, perhaps that is the issue. Try using specifically two 9V 400mA capacity outputs.

Any better?

Also, does it work when using its original 15V adapter and what are the specs listed on that adapter?
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support