Splitter cable issue

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
scottnvarney

Splitter cable issue

Post by scottnvarney » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:05 pm

I got one of the splitter cables last year and for some reason one of the splits doesn't work anymore, what could be causing just one side to quit working?

Rez

Re: Splitter cable issue

Post by Rez » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:20 pm

The trouble that the lead with the white stripe does not work is fairly common but (usually) it is merely a result of how the output splitter is designed (and not a malfunction).

Since, the lead with the white stripe has its ground lifted, the device powered from this lead must get its electrical ground connection via the guitar/audio cable. Thus, this device needs to be connected to the rest of your pedals before it will power on. This design is intentional as it eliminates the possibility of creating a ground loop (a common source of unwanted hum/buzz when daisy chaining power).

It's very rare for a splitter to fail, but... obviously that's possible too. However, I suspect the Output Splitter Adapter will work properly once both pedals (on the splitter) are also included together (via the instrument cables) as part of the same audio/signal path.

Any better?
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support

scottnvarney

Post by scottnvarney » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:22 am

Facepalm, well I feel kind of like an idiot, all is well, I had by-passed the pedal because I was having issues with it. thanks for that!!

Rez

Post by Rez » Fri May 01, 2020 5:28 pm

:D
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support