Pedal Power 2 Plus -> Little Bear G1 Vacuum Tube Valve 12ax7

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
John Regular

Pedal Power 2 Plus -> Little Bear G1 Vacuum Tube Valve 12ax7

Post by John Regular » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:44 am

Hello there,
I own a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus and i wonder if i can power a Little Bear G1 Guitar Vacuum Tube Valve 12ax7.

The power supply that came with the Little Bear says it's a 'center negative' polarity, 12 VDC, 1 A.

I tried connecting it with the red barrel reversed polarity cable through out puts 5-6 with the DIP switch both normal and away from normal without any luck, the vacuum lights but the led indicator of the G1 is off with no audio signal through.
Searching for specs of the Little Bear is quite frustrating.. Maybe it's a 1.8 A.
Can i use a Y-cable through out puts 5-6? How many Amperes will i get from there?

Thanks in advance.

Rez

Re: Pedal Power 2 Plus -> Little Bear G1 Vacuum Tube Valve 12ax7

Post by Rez » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:53 pm

The black/red ended cable is center positive, so... it's the wrong polarity if center center negative is required.

Pedal Power 2 Plus outputs 5 and 6, are each 250mA (.25A) current capactity. If the Little Bear G1 actually uses 1A then even combined with a current doubler adapter (.25A + .25A = .5A) using outputs 5 and 6 will not be sufficient.

However, you can power it from the AC courtesy outlet with its adapter/wall-wart.

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support