Powering Source Audio Ventris Reverb

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
Hender3

Powering Source Audio Ventris Reverb

Post by Hender3 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:53 pm

I’d like to power a Source Audio Ventris reverb using my Voodoo Lab pedal power 2plus. The Ventris takes 280ma. From my research... the pedal power 2 plus shouldn’t be able to power this??

Although I am confused since I have been powering an Empress Echosystem (300ma) just fine with this power supply.

Just making sure I’m reading this all correctly before I attempt to power both the Empress and Ventris off of just the pedal power 2 plus. Let me know if this is a stupid decision.

Rez

Re: Powering Source Audio Ventris Reverb

Post by Rez » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:57 pm

I recommend they be powered as follows:

To power the Ventris use Pedal Power 2 Plus use a Current Doubler Adapter, part# PPAP in outputs 4 and 5 (or 6 and 7), DIP switches set normal and one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied.

To power the Empress Echo System use a Current Doubler Adapter, part# PPAP in Pedal Power 2 Plus outputs 4 and 5 (or 6 and 7), DIP switches set normal and one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied.

That said... if the Empress Echo System is working optimally and consistently, probably it's fine left as you have it.

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support

Hender3

Post by Hender3 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:30 pm

Thank you for your response, greatly appreciate it!

Rez

Post by Rez » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:50 pm

;)
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support