Using courtesy AC auxiliary on PP2 to power PX-8 Plus?

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
otraynor

Using courtesy AC auxiliary on PP2 to power PX-8 Plus?

Post by otraynor » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:09 am

The Voodoo Lab PX-8 Plus switcher requires a 100mA 9VDC power supply.
The courtesy AC auxiliary output on the back of the PedalPower 2 Plus offers up to 250mA of AC.
Can I use this output to power the PX-8 despite the different current types here.

Thanks very much

JohnClark

Re: Using courtesy AC auxiliary on PP2 to power PX-8 Plus?

Post by JohnClark » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:21 am

You can power the PX-8 Plus from any front panel DC Output on a Pedal Power 2+ with the corresponding DIP Switch set to Normal (9V) using one of the included all black Standard Barrel cables.

The Courtesy Outlet is just a thru path from the incoming Mains AC with a practical limit of 200 Watts. A 9V Power Adapter suitable for the PX-8 Plus will consume less than 10 Watts. If you have an appropriate 9VDC Power Adapter (9VDC Output with at least a 100mA Capacity) you can plug it into the Courtesy Outlet to power the PX-8 Plus, no problem!

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

otraynor

Post by otraynor » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:30 am

Thanks very much John. All clear. Perhaps you could direct me to an appropriate power adapter? My main issue is that the courtesy AC outlet is a US socket. I am in the UK so a little more difficult to source a suitable adapter that fits!

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:55 am

otraynor wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:30 am
Thanks very much John. All clear. Perhaps you could direct me to an appropriate power adapter? My main issue is that the courtesy AC outlet is a US socket. I am in the UK so a little more difficult to source a suitable adapter that fits!
A UK model Pedal Power should not have the US Socket... it should have a Reverse IEC socket. If you have a US model Pedal Power 2+, then you will also need a Step Down Transformer to bring the UK Mains Voltage down to 120V... without this you will almost immediately kill your Pedal Power 2+ if you attempt to power it directly from a UK power Outlet.

For the PX-8 Plus, any Power Adapter that can provide 9VDC with at least 100mA should be fine... and you may be better off just getting a UK version and connecting it directly to UK Mains Power rather than trying to find a US Power Adapter... for that matter, I think you would also be much better off with a UK Pedal Power 2+.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------