Daisy Chain Cabels and Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
all_prez_men

Daisy Chain Cabels and Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2

Post by all_prez_men » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:49 am

I searched first the Voodoo Labs forum and couldn't find anything about this. So please forgive if this question was asked before.

I have some older daisy chain cables from Boss and Ibanez and was wondering if it was compatible with Voodoob Labs Pedal Power 2 or if it is recommend to use something like this.

thanks

Rez

Re: Daisy Chain Cabels and Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2

Post by Rez » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:58 pm

You can daisy chain as you describe. However, I recommend you avoid daisy chaining whenever possible as this is a common way that unwanted noise is introduced into your signal (via ground loops). Instead you might consider using our Output Splitter Adapter, part# PPAV.

Our output splitter adapter is a 6 inch Y cable that connects with 1 Pedal Power DC output jack converting it into 2 output jacks (each at the same voltage as the output the splitter itself is connected to). This allows the connection of 2 cables to power 2 effects/pedals from this single DC output.

Additionally, one lead of output splitter adapter has its ground lifted to prevent the ground loop hum/buzz typically caused by daisy chaining.

And, just a reminder... with more outputs, you might need additional cables too..

You can purchase additional power cables and adapters here: Power Cables and Adapters

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support

all_prez_men

Re: Daisy Chain Cabels and Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2

Post by all_prez_men » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:41 pm

For the Output Splitter Adapter, part # PPAV,what is the average length? From the website it shows 4 inch/10 cm, however when I measure one of the standard 9v cable that I have I measure around 1 ft 7 inches. So I'm not sure what the length is.

If I need one longer, can I have it custom made?

Also since I have the Pedal Power 2, if I were to use these Output Splitter Adapter, would I have to set the dip switches on the bottom to "on?"

thanks