Vibe-Baby power supply

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
VOODOOHOODOO

Vibe-Baby power supply

Post by VOODOOHOODOO » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:51 am

Has anyone powered a Classic Amplification Vibe Baby with an Iso5 or a PP2+ ?
It says on the pedal 18-21v, their website recommends using a DC 18v unregulated psu rated at 300ma.
Could I series link the 9v and 12v 400ma outputs on the Iso5 for a 21v 400ma supply ? Would the regulators in the Iso5 not like that as they are outputing different voltages ?
Or would using outputs 5 and 6 on the PP2+ be better ? Both are 9v 250ma so 18v at 250ma might be enough. I am not sure of the actual current the pedal needs.
On the website they say they can supply a 9v to 18v booster box which plugs into the 9v 400ma output on some supplies. I would rather not do that, surely the current would be limited by this solution ?
I have both the PP2+ and an Iso5, it seems like I should be able to run this somehow ?
Any suggestions ?

Rez

Re: Vibe-Baby power supply

Post by Rez » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:59 am

To power the 18V Classic Amplification Vibe Baby with Pedal Power ISO-5, simply use the 18V output with one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied.

Or, to power the 18V Classic Amplification Vibe Baby with Pedal Power 2 Plus, use outputs 5 and 6, DIP switches set to NORMAL (9V), with a Voltage Doubler Cable (standard polarity, 2.1mm), part# PPY.

Also/fyi... regarding ISO-5, the outputs of its 9/12V pair are not isolated from each other and thus should not be combined with a voltage (or current) adapter. Doing so can short-circuit and damage the supply.

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support